Give yourself the gift of being, recentering, resetting and regrounding to better engage the journey to beloved community. These two-three minute meditations, created by the Rev. Dr. Kendrick Weaver, are centered on patience as understood in Corinthians 13: “Love is patient.”
The soil of patience allows us to grow our love of “other” so that we might not grow weary of respecting different forms of expression and not grow frustrated as we understand that we may not really know what is going on. May the quality of your love be measured by the depth of your patience.
- Day 1 : Let us grow in patience. – Slow down and give yourself a few moments to grow in the soil of patience, allow your love to grow in the soil of patience.
- Day 2: We seek patience. – One of the fruits of the spirit is patience, or long-suffering. Let us lengthen and stretch our spirits together now so that we may have just a little more endurance, a little more strength, to bear with another in love
- Day 3: We make space for God to abide in us. – We clean out the emotional and spiritual clutter that denies us the space for the presence of patience, peace, and deeper love.
- Day 4: Exploring the power of patience – We imagine how, in our lives, patience can deepen, expand and become more intense.
- Day 5: A cool spirit creates understanding. – The gift of cooling down our spirit when it is needed allows us to operate from a higher place of wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
- Day 6: We allow what we have learned to seep into our souls – We absorb all that is needed in the depths of our heart and soul and release what needs to be released.
Day 7: Simply be. – Rest, recover and reset. Allow yourself the gift of being exactly who God is creating you to be.