In line with this week’s focus on examining our own assumptions and perceptions so that we might avoid projecting our cultural values onto others, these podcasts by Rev. Dr. Kendrick Weaver center us on “Paying Attention.”
- Day 1: Allow yourself to notice – Be still, take in your environment, see one new thing and consider what insights the stillness might bring you. May we have eyes to see.
- Day 2: We embark on a journey – This time of self-exploration carries us into the basement of our souls. Pay attention to what it feels like to dwell deep in your soul. Rest in the deeper part of you.
- Day 3: Return to the deeper place within you – Notice what surrounds you in this place where you can discover new or forgotten things. Relax into any discomfort and be fully present in the possibilities of insight and exploration that are at your fingertips.
- Day 4: Notice what may have been overlooked – What “unopened boxes” or other things in the basement of your soul haven’t been explored in a long time? Receive what needs to be received and release what needs to be released.
- Day 5: Reconnect with the soul’s hidden treasures – Notice the soul’s good forgotten memories, thoughts, emotions, or feelings and allow yourself to experience the joy of self-exploration.